This multi-billion deal was first announced in June but earlier this week European Commission gave the green signal about this deal.
Jeff Weiner CEO of Linked-In, in his blog said :
This is a major milestone for the company, one that we believe will accelerate how we connect the world’s professionals to make them more productive and successful,”
This is the biggest tech acquisition of Microsoft followed by 2011 acquisition when they bought Skype for 8.5billion dollars.With LinkedIn now officially on board, Microsoft says it will set about pursuing “a specific set of integration scenarios,” according to Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.
- Extending the reach of Sponsored Content across Microsoft properties
- Enterprise LinkedIn Lookup powered by Active Directory and Office 365
- LinkedIn Learning available across the Office 365 and Windows ecosystem
- Developing a business news desk across our content ecosystem and MSN.com
- Redefining social selling through the combination of Sales Navigator and Dynamics 365.
LinkedIn was founded in 2002 and claims that it has more than 400 million professional user. Probably huge number of people but ongoing complaints state that now the service has became spammy, clustered and hard to use. LinkedIn CEO states that :
For our members, the LinkedIn that you use to advance your career, find jobs, build your network and stay informed is only going to get better. We’re going to focus on how we leverage Microsoft’s impressive scale and innovation to create more value for all of you.”
But there is a issue that LinkedIn possess vast arsenal information about the millions of people and it’s still unclear the extent to which Microsoft will put this data to use